Indian Farewell Memoirs. Chapter 2


Still waiting for my extension postings to get over like waiting for a storm to pass.

Can I just get on to the packing part already?
I can't wait to leave this place.

...

Been talking to some friends these days. Found out that they started to love this place and find it hard to leave this home of ours for the past 5 years.

They asked me, why would I feel my time here is up?

I put some thought to it.

Do i hate India that much? No, not really, I actually think India is a pretty cool place. And how Coldplay make india look cool in their mv? Those are real, it's all true story. It exists.

I came from a family where travel abroad is a luxury we can only dream of. Dad fed the whole family single handedly and we literally only had enough to eat out once every weekend to be happy.

But I always wanted to go out there, see more of the "out there", be there in the "out there", at the same time knowing that it would never come true

Then it happened. I got a chance to travel to India to pursue my degree study.

To be clear dentistry is never my passion and never will be. But why would I let this go?

So I go for it.

And now 5 years has passed, and I am here. And I can't wait to get out of here.

There are things to not like about India, the hygiene, (some of) the people, the culture, the norm that can be a shock to those who never stepped into this developing country.

But in all honesty, I just wish to get back to my life, my life in Malaysia, where all my friends and family are. 5 years away from home is enough for me. In this 5 years I've drifted apart from my friends ( they probably thought I don't care for them anymore , which is not true, it's just the distance that makes us hard to keep in touch), missed many of my friends and family's important moments. Some of my friends left without saying goodbye. There're countless of things that I've missed out on. And I am really sorry for that.

Will write more about that.

...

Whenever I am unhappy I would look back
Into the past
Back to the time when I am truly happy
When I have things that I don't have now

But little did I realize
That I was unhappy in those days, too
And I would look for better days even in those moments

So the question now is,
Am I missing something that I never had,
Or am I just an ungrateful bastard.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails