Adulting



Imagine, if in this world, before you get to meet someone, you are given the choice to see him/her at their most hideous side, no touchups, no beautification, just raw, honest worse self. The price to pay is it applies to you too, anyone who get to meet you are shown you at your most ugly self.

What would the world be like?
Will it be a better world, or will it go to hell?

And if given the choice, would you choose to see a person at their ugliest? And how would you feel, when you are to show your worst self before others get to know you?

The problem with us is that, we are so preoccupied with chasing an ideal version of us, that we are soon fooled by ourselves and believed that we can be perfect. And we chose to believe in the best version ourselves, while sweeping all our weaknesses and poisons under the carpet, and hide our unacceptable qualities in the closet like a skeleton.

What did we achieved by doing so?
We created a seemingly perfect society/world which rots with defiant human nature deep down, like a whitewashed wall.



Do you like the world as it is right now?

Or you feel everyone deserve a little bit more honesty. No pretense. No faking any traits or personalities. Just showing who we truly are?


We humans are ugly.

...


Came across the word "Adulting" a lot these days

Yeap, I guess I can finally call myself an adult today.
I am going to start to work a job, a huge milestone in my life, in adulting.

What does adulting mean tho?

I dont know. I guess I can share more on it in time.

To be honest, this day that I waited for so long for, I am feeling rather out of place when I finally come to it. I dont feel good about it. What should I do, What I need to do, I know not. I only know I have to keep surviving.

I guess its just how being in a rat race feels.


...

Everyone deserves to feel what they felt.
Its not right to judge someone for the emotions that they are having.
Its their battle, 
Its their journey, 
Its their calling,
not ours.

But,

If you decide to lash out to others because of what you feel,
and you justify it by saying its your way of dealing with emotions,
I cant stand by you on your line.

Because when you take your issues and insecurities on someone else,
you are making your problem into others problem.
And that is a line, in my opinion, you shouldnt cross.








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails