The last Song, Review.

A story full of love. It’s basically about the story of a rebellious daughter who spent her summer with her dying dad (which she only came to realize in the end) and discovered the meaning of the summer, or perhaps her entire life.

One thing that catches my attention the most is the undying love of the father. The clear description of how death slowly took him away is unbearably touching. It’s kinda sad when we see a life slowly vanish into nothing and death slowly take its toll. Wet cough, decreasing in weight, declining strength, longer nap times, deterioration of appetite. They’re all clearly portrayed, showing what death can do to a dying man.


I wonder why I always have a feeling that I’m dying soon.


The feeling that my days are numbered, that I have no much time left.


It’s not the wanting-to-suicide feeling, I’ve known better not to do that, and that I’m not stupid enough to do it. It’s a feeling that life isn’t secure, that I’m going to fade away any minute.


Is it because of my Sinus problem?? Is it because my cough has not been any better for the past few months?? Is it because my health is deteriorating over time these days??


I won’t be surprised if I’m diagnosed with cancer one day, I’ve been expected this to happen, if any of my problems isn’t getting better. Now, living another days mean more than a miracle to me. It’s work of God.

Life is just too frail and weak that God can take it away almost instantaneously. Life is nothing but a candle in the wind, easily put out by a wisp of breeze. And the meaning of it is to bring light to the darkness around us.


I’m glad I figured all these out at my young age, since a lot of other people won’t even understand this for the rest of their life. For them, life is just a party, and all they have to do is enjoy it. The end of it means THE END. They will feel insecure, empty towards the end, but not for me.


Back to the topic.


The love shown by the father is too overwhelming that I nearly shed tears thinking how much this dad had done for the family. And how unfair it is for him to die early, to only share a summer with his children. A loving father like him doesn’t deserve all this, he deserved to be better. But that’s just what life is, Unfair and cruel.


As for another part of the story which grossed me out, it’ll be another story for another time around.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails