Gosh !! I Miss KYC……



Maybe you guys still can’t make out what is meant by this post, actually, this is about my musical camp at Sibu….. well, I’ll split the story into a couple of sections, so that you guys, my faithful readers can get a better understanding about my post:

Camp Site

We’re staying in one of the “Catholic school” in Sibu, named Sacred Heart. It is a place where you’ll feel like home when you stay in there. It has like hotel-style design, with a hall, canteen, dormitories, or more preferably I’ll call it “hotel rooms”. The room is equipped with fan, air-con, toilet, table, chair and lotsa bed and mattress. As the team which arrives earlier, we’d being granted the permission to choose to sleep on the comfy mattress. I actually lie down on the mattress and sleep after a couple pf minutes. I wonder if I’m too exhausted, or it’s too comfortable.

Activities

Singing is the major activity in the camp, we, choir from different district of East Malaysia, gathered and practiced our songs to be presented to the audience in the concert. Well, I can sum the activity up as: sing, eat, sing eat, sing, bath, eat, sing, sleep. I actually waked up when the music is played. (all my room mate uses their hand phone as their alarm clock). Conductor there is friendly and kind, and good-looking. Our choir is leaded by a smart and handsome Teacher. Well, I don’t want to say much, because this will bring sad memories to our girls….. (he’s married already!!!!!)

Camp Life

Well, life’s good but sadly tiring. All the participant has to wake up at 6.45 a.m. and sleeps at 11.00 p.m. This is where our discipline is put into test, actually, our room, leaded by me is the most tidy one (wow, Syok-Sendiri Syndrome). Food is good, with rice, vegetable, protein and more vegetables. A variety of diet is introduce, compare to the same “polystyrene pack” we had in previous camps. So, far this is one of the best camp I had ever attended. Also, our camp life is being brighten up by a funny conductor, named Leong/Liang, can’t think of his surname…………

Night of Glory……

There goes three days spending on singing and practicing over and over again. The camp reaches its peak during the night of 21/3/2009, the night of praises. We found out that our hardwork for all week paid off because all the audience showed positive reaction. This also implies that we are very good in singing……. The combined choir which consist of 500++ people is very very very very grand. With the “Holy, Holy, Holy, God Almighty” ringing in the hall, the camp and the night of praises ends with flashing happy ending.

Back to Kuching!

Aw…… we head back to Kuching after a short tour in the shopping centre, boarding a bus from the central bus station. (well, someone asked me to post this out : Nicholas got cheated by a Sio Bee seller at the Bus station which cost RM10 and smells really bad). Back to Kuching : Missing friends, KYC, everything in the camp, sprained neck healed, voice crashing down, something lost, bag got heavier, got fatter and heavier, and extremely longing to attend KYC practice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails