Christmas Memories


During those times when the economy is still stable and everyone enjoys a peaceful life. My dad used to practice some practices during Christmases.

He actually “brings” us to toy stores and let us look around and enjoy the view of toys and etc etc….. (well, as you can see, we’re very obedient at that time and won’t cry so that our parents buy toys for us…. Maybe we’re not spoiled, and of course during that period of time we love toys especially…. Haha……). When he spotted one of us particularly show interest in a particular toy. He would take note of it, eyes shining with joy.

Then, on the next day, the Christmas day, we would always woke up discovering titbits with our dream toy at our side, tagged with a note : “from santa”. Then, dad will pretend to be surprised at the toys we “received” from Santa (a.ka. dad, when I actually grown up and discover this). We would sit around, showing off our toys and share the tit bits around.

Those are the wonderful days when I had the feeling of “Christmas”. But now, I can hardly get the Christmas atmosphere in me….. although sometime I keep reminding myself : it’s not about you, Christmas is about Jesus. I just can’t help feeling weird for not being happy during Christmas.

* * *

Christmas ‘09

We’re taking our choir robes with us, me and Nicholas, going to the outside to change the robe on. We rushed out, change the robe and get ready.

However, the sight in our eyes shock us. The choir are already on the stage, singing halfway.

I’m here to confess that we should not crap when we change our robes on……..

This is ’09 Christmas. We missed the choir performance, as a choir member.

* * *

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails