Dark side of the Moon


Looking outside the window
Everything seemed like a reminder of sorrows
Draping crescent echoed heart that is hollow
Silent cries claws in the serene glow

Carefully you took your steps and fled
Leaving behind promises so broken
Nothing seems to feel right anymore
Lest for the chaos, turmoil that ricocheted in disarray

You stumbled in and bring wonders into my life
And left and strike me down just as fast
I was so unwell before
And yet so torn down again before I’m given the chance to heal

Tell me
What are words if you really don’t mean them when you say them?
What are words if they are only for good times then they are gone?
Do you even know?
Do you even care?

Had you known that the pain dwells in the heart?
Had you known that the memories haunt like nightmares?
Had you known that this is a torture unlike any other?
Had you known that I still care, from the bottom of my heart??

As I lay dying
I try to reach for the hand that holds
For the shoulder that is always there
For the ear that listens
For the heart that understands
For the voices that soothes
For the comfort that calms my restless heart.

But little did I know
That they are no longer there
And that I can only stare at my own death looking back at me
Stealing bits of me day by day
Like a fish dying in an ocean that forsakes it.

And little did I know
That this little bittersweet trance
Kills me inside out
Breaks me down and build me up
A freak that smiles while hurting


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails